Saturday, June 19, 2010

Sabbatical

Since my last post, I've moved cities. I had forgotten how much effort it takes to move, and I've had no time to post, look at blogs, read up on hair, or even keep up with my own.

I did get my last retightening last Monday, and it was a wonderful experience, as usual. My consultant is wonderful, and she did a great job this time. She said my scalp was clean this time, but that the shampoo I used was too creamy, even though I diluted it. I used Design Essentials. I know, I know, why the heck would I use that ? Well, I was moving, and somehow my Sisterlock shampoo ended up in a box on a U-Haul miles away from where I was the week of the retightening. I had a choice: go to my consultant with dirty hair, or wash it. I diluted the Design Essentials A LOT, but apparently it still wasn't enough. BUT my scalp was clean. Ha!

This week I have been trying to get settled in, and I am still living out of boxes, but I will try to get back to my posts by next week.

I will make sure to post a picture of a new hairstyle I've been wearing. In Texas it is like 90 degrees outside (but "feels like" 200 degrees), so what I do to my Sisterlocks is put them in 3 ponytails. I put one ponytail at the top, one in the middle, and sometimes one in the back (sometimes I leave it be). I try to spike my hair as much as possible to make it look full. I've been told before that it looks similar to a Mohawk. I like it, no matter what comments I get. It keeps the Sisterlocks off of my face, and it keeps me cooler.

And at 200 degrees outside....I will do anything to keep cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment