Sunday, January 31, 2010

Somethin' Different




A Sisterlock stylist down here recommended I try Soft Spike curlers on my Sisterlocks. He said they work great in curling and styling Sisterlocks. I ordered them (reasonably priced) a while ago but had not used them until a few weeks ago. Here are the results of my first time using Soft Spiker curlers:




I gain nothing by promoting these curlers, and I do not have a vested interest in them. I mention them only to "pass the word on" to other sisters with Sisterlocks. They are soft (...it IS in the name, after all), so they are easy to lay on at night, and they do work. I used them with NO gel and no curling papers (which they recommend that you DO use), so, as you can see, they turned out nice even without those things. I imagine if I use some sort of holding agent or gel, the curls would be much more defined and last longer.



I like to try different hairstyles (part of the reason I got Sisterlocks instead of traditional locs, after all), so this was something new and fun for me. It lasted 2 days, I think.

1 comment: