Friday, April 16, 2010

Shampoo shampoo Rinse Rinse Soft Spike Curl...repeat


Uh, yeah, nailing down a good hair regime is just down right frustrating. I don't know about anyone else, but it seems that every product many women with Sisterlocks "swear works wonders on Sisterlocks" does the EXACT opposite on my hair.

SO...I do like the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo. I diluted it (don't we all dilute everything, including water??? ha!) with 2 parts water because it was still a little too much shampoo-ey for me with half and half. The ACV rinse (apple cider vinegar) worked great, as far as I can tell. My scalp looked clean and felt great. There was no itching after I finished. Now....the Gregg Juice. It works WONDERS on my son's hair...mine, not so much. It really didn't seem to moisturize my Sisterlocks, and it itched. I've tried it more than once on different days....on wet Sisterlocks, dry Sisterlocks....still not a lot of moisturizing and more itching. Am I doing something wrong here?....Lottabody. In fairness, I've used it once. And I probably used it wrong. So I will have to start over and give it a try and see. My first experience with it wasn't all that great though. I think my hair wasn't completely dry when I took out the Soft Spike curlers, but the curls didn't hold. I had them in overnight. My hair looked crinkly...not curled. I had a better curl without using any holding agent...but the problem with that is that the curls lasted like 2 hours. I am going to dilute (here we go again with that word) it next time, put it in a spray bottle, and sit under the dryer and see if I get a better set. I have seen pictures of women who used both Soft Spike curlers and Lottabody....and their Sisterlocks look great, so it must be me.

I did break down and buy the Sisterlock shampoo...again...because after 15 months my hair is not even close to locking in the front. I don't care for the Sisterlock shampoo, but maybe it will speed up the locking process. I also bought the Sisterlock moisturizer. I need moisture ladies!!! So I will keep experimenting until I find something that works for me.

I know this is a lot of hair product talk....but I bring myself back to Earth by reminding myself that one reason I got Sisterlocks was to let my hair do what it wanted to do. ((Products won't make my hair "look like" the woman's Sisterlocks I saw before I got mine.)) I didn't get Sisterlocks to only dump a bunch of products on my hair and "tame it" or make it look like your set of Sisterlocks....So I aim to let my natural hair come through and to use products that maintain the health of my hair.

Healthy hair: that's the goal.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bee,
    I was just wondering if you ever found a solution to the white buds on your locks? Or did the ACV take care of that as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete